Friday, October 7, 2011

How Do I Move on From a Relationship?


Does moving on from a relationship need so much effort? How do I move on from a relationship?
Jennifer's boyfriend broke up with her three months ago, but she still can't move on. She believes she will not be able to attract someone else as she feels he is the perfect guy for her, so she keeps reminiscing about the happy times the two shared together. The question that Jennifer keeps asking herself is "how can I move on from this relationship and forget him?"
Millions of people are unable to move on after they break up with their partner. They feel stuck in the past and many give up on life and they experience severe depression. Taking charge of their lives and moving on seems to be an impossible task for such people, especially at the beginning of a breakup.
How do I move on from a relationship
There are many ways that can help you move on from a relationship. In this article, I will give you three ways that can help you learn how to move on from a relationship smoothly:
1. Recognize the reasons and take responsibility
Whenever you feel that you can't move on, ask yourself the following questions:
•Why I can't move on?
•What are the reasons that I still cling to my partner?
•Is it really worth it to stay stuck in the past while I know he/she doesn't want me?
•How can I move on from this relationship?
Whenever you feel you can't move on, start asking yourself these questions and start examining the answers you come up with. By doing this, you have moved from the victim role to I take responsibility for my life role.
For example, see the following scenario with Jennifer's example above:
Jennifer: Why can't I move on?
Her answer: I fee attached to him
Jennifer: Why do I feel attached to him? He hurt me and doesn't appreciate me. I deserve better.
Her answer: Yea, I do deserve better. I'm going to start taking charge of my life and start giving myself the care I truly deserve.
Usually, after you start asking yourself such questions and start taking responsibility for your thoughts and choices in life, you start realizing what you need to do in order to learn from the break up and move on with your life.
2. Surround yourself with positive people
It has been proven that surrounding yourself with family and friends who can support you is very beneficial and helps you to move on from a relationship much faster.
Find yourself a true friend who is positive that can help you see the light in your tough times. Have your friend help you see the benefits of the break up and the new opportunity that is waiting for you.
3. Make a plan
After you become aware that you need to move on to be able to lead a better life and ask yourself some solution focused questions as I mentioned above, you need to make a plan on how to get there.
One of the main reasons people fail to move on from a relationship easily is because they don't have a clear plan on how to get to where they want to be.
Let me ask you a question, if you live in Paris and you want to get to London, how are you going to get there without a clear plan. You will eventually get there, but it will take you longer. This is why having a plan is an important element of moving on from a relationship.
Working on a goal, volunteering, and helping someone can all be plans that you use to help you move on in your life and mend your broken heart much faster.
Do you know that only 3% of the world's population manage to plan and reach their goals? The main goal for 2achieveyourgoals.com is to help you become from the top 3% of the world's population who know how to achieve any goal they desire in all areas of life. If you have a specific goal that you want to accomplish or want to improve an area of your life, but do not know how or why you are not getting any result, then this is the place for you.


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6520349

No comments:

Post a Comment